Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I am so far very much enjoying this novel I must admit. I really have enjoyed the way in which it is easy to relate to Louis as a character. He has the human characteristic like Robert Neville did in I am Legend.  At first Louis cannot even fend on humans for blood, he goes after animals on the plantation. He then breaks under the pressure of Lestat  and begins to feast on human blood. His instincts then  begin to grab hold on him and he needs the human blood, the animal blood is no longer good enough for him to consume. He then feast on a little girl’s blood something I did not expect from him because of his feelings towards human blood in the first place. I never would have thought that he would drink the blood of such a young girl. Just like many people think they would never do something until they are actually put in the situation themselves. Many people ask the question if you and five friends were stuck on a desert island who would you eat your friend? Most would answer no way, but put in the actual situation where it is eat or die the outcome may be a little different.
I also think the ensuing relationship between the girl and Louis resembles the relationship between Neville and the dog he found. It gives them each a reason to stay. It gives them a feeling of companionship that they were missing before.

No comments:

Post a Comment