Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Final Project

For my final project I plan on doing a series of paintings/pastel (do not know which one for sure) based on Robert Neville's secluded life in I am Legend. I want to play with his life. I want to picture the way in which he protected what was his and how he was determined by will to protect himself. I also want to show the zombie vampire characters. I want them to be pictured as dark and threatening. I want these to relate for the survivial of humanity and the triumph of the human spirit.

2 comments:

  1. Creative topic! I think you came up with a very intriguing idea. When I was searching for topics for my online artifact for this book, I considered writing it about the different art work inspired from the novel. Much to my surprise (perhaps I shouldn’t have been all that surprised…) I was only able to locate artwork that was from the recent film legend of I Am Legend, I was disappointed and ended up choosing something else to write about. I am really curious as to what you will produce, especially because there is such a dearth of artwork solely inspired by the novel. It is a really good story and I hope that you do a great job with the art. I look forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is fantastic, but make sure that you'll be able to post these pictures on your blog somehow. I suppose you will have to find a way to photograph them and scan them in. Let me know if you need any help on how to do that.

    I also want you to question the idea of the "triumph of the human spirit." This may have been true of recent remakes, but I think Matherson had something strikingly different in mind when he wrote I AM LEGEND. It would seem that in many ways Neville's spirit is broken at the end, and you might want to explore that aspect of the novel in your paintings. I'm excited to see your artwork!

    ReplyDelete